How to Lead a Project : short in-house tailored course
If your organisation is seeking in-house project management training, take a look at our short project management courses that can be tailored to either an introductory or more advanced level.
The introductory course provides essential tools for leading an effective project – so they can delivers project outcomes on time and in budget
- One day Essentials of Project Management course
- Two day Effective Project Management course
Our project management courses in Melbourne examine each of the five stages to the project management life cycle, and provide clear definition of the project manager’s role within each stage.
Tools, templates and frameworks are provided to support managing each stage in the project …..
- Project initiation and scoping stage;
- Project design, planning & scheduling stage, including managing client expectations
- Project execution stage;
- Project monitoring and controlling stage;
- Project completion and review stage
Our project management courses are lively and engaging. Either a workplace project or a simulated project can be used to illustrate the application of the frameworks and skills, including:
- Planning, scheduling and organisational methods
- Effective decision-making
- Strategies for effective performance management
- Risk management methods
Our introductory one day Essentials of Project Management course assumes little or no experience with project management and is designed to enhance the knowledge of your staff, so that straight forward projects can be handled with improved confidence.
Project Management Course Outcomes
At the conclusion of our one day Project Management short course, participants will have a clear understanding of how projects work, and will have gained key concepts around …..
– The 5 stages of the project life-cycle
– Assessing the strategic significance of a project
– The role of the Project Manager and Sponsor
– How to complete detailed project scoping documentation
– How to identify and engage project stakeholders
– How to identify, document and treat project risk
– How to prepare a Gantt Chart, together with milestones that need to be derived and monitored
– How to develop and implement a basic project communication plan
Phone (03) 9725 3777
- What does it cost?
As a guide, our one day Project Management course in Melbourne can be delivered in-company for a group of up to ten of your staff, for around $3,000 + gst – which includes comprehensive participant workbooks
- The Facilitator – bringing a strong practitioner focus
The course facilitator is a highly experienced project manager, who has delivered both project management training and consultancy for almost twenty years . He will bring a proven practitioner focus, rather than an academic perspective to your project management course.
- Free tips & articles
If you are new to project management, have a look at our page New Project Manager Tips