We offer a one day in-house training course that can help improve the performance coaching and counselling skills of your leaders. The workshop is practically oriented, and actively involves participants through discussion, case studies and structured skills practice.
In this highly demanding climate of having to accomplish more with less, today’s managers and team leaders must be much more skilled than their predecessors in getting the best out of their people.
Compounding the challenge for anyone in a leadership role now-days is that capable staff have higher aspirations in what they seek from their experience at work – in particular, they place a high value upon opportunity and support for their on-going growth and development.
Course content can include …….
- The performance management cycle
- The impact of your leadership style on staff
- The ripple effects of failing to confront poor performance
- Encouraging self-assessment by staff
- Common causes of poor performance
- Why managers hesitate in raising performance issues
- Performance problem-solving in a collaborative way
- The qualities of good coaches
- Taking account of individual work values in career planning
- The use of planned delegation as a development tool
- Overcoming a reluctance to delegate
- Guiding rather than directing when delegating
For a deeper insight into the dynamics of the performance coaching process, and one of the frameworks that is used – take a look at our article Coaching Model
The workshop facilitator is a qualified psychologist who brings more than 20 years experience in developing the performance coaching and counselling skills of leaders working in many different types of industries. But all have shared the goal of needing to ensure their staff performed at their best.