If your organisation is seeking in-company project management training, then we can offer you short project management courses that can be tailored to either an introductory or more advanced level.
The introductory course shows your staff what it takes to run an effective project - one that delivers project outcomes on time and in budget
- One day Essentials of Project Management course
- Two day Effective Project Management course
Our project management courses in Melbourne examine each of the five stages to the project management life cycle, and provide clear definition of the project manager’s role within each stage. Tools, templates and frameworks are provided to support managing each stage in the project .....
- Project initiation and scoping stage;
- Project planning and design stage, including managing client expectations
- Project execution stage;
- Project monitoring and controlling stage;
- Project completion and review stage
The content of these courses is very much aligned with PMBOK - and what is recognised as current best practice within the Project Management Body of Knowledge
Our project management courses are lively and engaging. Either a workplace project or a simulated project can be used to illustrate the application of tools and skills, including:
- Planning, scheduling and organisational methods
- Effective decision-making
- Strategies for effective performance management
- Risk management methods
- Project Management Course Outcomes
Our introductory one day Essentials of Project Management course assumes little or no experience with project management and is designed to enhance the knowledge of your staff, so that straight forward projects can be handled with improved confidence.
At the conclusion of our one day Project Management short course, participants will have a clear understanding of how projects work, and will have gained key concepts around .....
- The 5 stages of the project lifecycle
- Assessing the strategic significance of a project
- The role of the Project Manager and Sponsor
- How to complete detailed project scoping documentation
- How to identify and engage project stakeholders
- How to identify, document and treat project risk
- How to prepare a Gantt Chart, together with milestones, that need to be derived and monitored
- How to develop and implement a basic project communication plan
Our project management training is delivered in-company. We are based in Melbourne, but have delivered project management courses for organisations throughout Australia.
Phone (03) 9725 3777
As a guide, our one day Project Management course in Melbourne can be delivered in-company for a group of up to ten of your staff, for around $2,750 + gst - which includes comprehensive participant workbooks
- The Facilitator - a practitioner focus
The course facilitator is a highly experienced project manager, who has delivered both project management training and consultancy for almost twenty years . He will bring a proven practitioner focus, rather than an academic perspective to your project management course.
If you are new to project management, have a look at our page New Project Manager Tips.