Management & Leadership Skills course – Sept 27, 28 (booked out)
“Lead, motivate and coach staff” – register for our course on Nov 23, 24
Our two day course is highly engaging and is well-suited to anyone who is somewhat new to a management, leadership or supervisory role. Our next course on Sept 27, 28 has been booked out – our final management course of the year is on Nov 23, 24 – so register now
If you are wanting to improve your confidence and capability in people management, this course will provide you with the tools you need.
Adjusting to performing a team leadership or management role requires an understanding that your success is no longer being measured purely by your own output, but instead it is determined by the output and productivity of the people whom you lead. Learning to manage people can become just as rewarding as technical accomplishments….. once you get the hang of how to handle people.
This two day course has a very practical focus, and can also be offered in-house for organisations, You will gain more confidence by developing your management skills in Leadership, Motivation, Communication, Performance Management, Delegation, Team Building, Influence and Self-management.
When Sept 27, 28 (booked out); Nov 23, 24
Cost $850 + gst ($935) – includes lunches and workbook
Where Venue in Mitcham (15 minutes from the City, via EastLink, Melbourne)
Register your interest email@example.com
Our Management Skills training course will provide you with the direction, guidance and essential tools you need to succeed as a manager.
It will help you to start looking at the workplace through the eyes of a manager and recognise your role in delivering outcomes through people.
Develop Your Leadership
- Common challenges experienced by new managers – transitioning into the management role
- Learning to achieve results through guiding, directing and engaging your staff
- Looking at issues from the perspective of a manager – the longer term focus
- The qualities of effective leaders; evaluating your own leadership strengths and style
- Different styles of leadership and when to apply them
- Learning to let go of the details when a team member has shown they deserve your trust
Build Team Effectiveness
- Why and how to engage the team in decision making
- Tips for leading productive team meetings
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Evaluate the dynamics of your own workgroup and identify strategies that build team spirit and morale
- Recognise different personality types / communication styles and how you might need to adjust your approach when dealing with them
- Planning and managing the introduction of change
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- How to delegate, to leverage the strengths of your staff – and avoid common delegation pitfalls
- Managing time and stress effectively; essential routines to cultivate
- Managing your career and on-going development
Managing People’s Performance
- Recruiting and retaining good staff
- Setting clear performance expectations, and the need for tracking and review
- Coaching and feedback skills for the manager
- Dealing with performance problems confidently and constructively
Gain the benefit of an experienced course leader …
Brian Carroll brings to the management course more than twenty years of experience in management training and leadership development. He is a qualified psychologist with a background in business management and human resources, with a deep insight into the dynamics of helping people achieve change.
Register your interest:: Ph 0430 972 578
As well as Melbourne, the Management Skills course can be delivered in-company in Sydney – visit Management Course Sydney Our 2 day management course could enable you to gain points towards your Professional Development training requirements
If you are a new manager, and would like some more tips on building relationships with your staff and stakeholders …… check out our Management Tips
If you would like to watch a brief video clip in which some of the key qualities displayed by effective workplace leaders are discussed, then have a look at Leadership Qualities