This half day or one day training course will provide a firm basis for participants to be able to prepare and conduct a fair, thorough and structured recruitment and selection interview.
Anyone with responsibility for leading some kind of team or project in this era of shrinking resources will be acutely aware of the need to have jobs filled by the very best people capable of doing them.
The selection process aims to provide an impartial way of measuring applicants against the requirements of the job (selection criteria) - but this demands skill in being able to gather and interpret accurate and current data about an applicant's capabilities and limitations.
Often, interviewers discover too late that they have failed to get beyond "rehearsed" replies from the interviewee and that they have wrongly selected a person who simply doesn't "fit” the job, the team or the organisational culture. You need the combination of a sound recruitment process and interviewers who can apply effective interviewing techniques, in order to pick the best person for the job.
Training is delivered in-company and the course content for “Recruitment & Selection Interviewing” can include…...
- The costs of poor selection process
- Ensuring reasonably uniform interviewing conditions
- The use of selection criteria to drive the selection process
- Avoiding discrimination
- Practicing the design of behavioural questions
- Questions that can and can’t be legally asked
- Working cohesively as part of an interview panel
- The value of planned simulations and skill tests
- Managing the pace of the interview
- Interviewing techniques for probing responses to questions
- Using an applicant rating method consistently
- How to conduct a thorough referee check
If you are wanting some quick interviewing tips, you might like to have a look at our page How To Conduct the Job Interview