This half day workshop will provide a firm
basis for participants to improve their performance coaching and counselling
skills. The workshop is practically oriented, and actively
involves participants through discussion, case studies and structured
In this highly demanding climate of having to accomplish
more with less, today's managers and team leaders must be much more
skilled than their predecessors in getting the best out of their people.
Compounding the challenge for anyone in a leadership role now-days
is that capable staff have higher aspirations in what they seek from
their experience at work - in particular, they place a high value upon
opportunity and support for their on-going growth and development.
Course content can include .......
- The performance management cycle
- The impact of your leadership style on staff
- The ripple effects of failing to confront poor performance
- Encouraging self-assessment by staff
- Common causes of poor performance
- Why managers hesitate in raising performance issues
- Performance problem-solving in a collaborative way
- The qualities of good coaches
- Taking account of individual work values in career planning
- The use of planned delegation as a development tool
- Overcoming a reluctance to delegate
- Guiding rather than directing when delegating