Negotiation course Melbourne – Influencing Skills
Negotiation and influencing skills training in Melbourne & Canberra
Is your organisation looking for in-house training to develop the Influencing and Negotiating skills of your key people? …. Empower your staff when they are negotiating with stakeholders by ensuring they have been properly trained in how to prepare for and confidently manage the negotiation process.
Although your key people are probably producing more wins than losses in their negotiations, with further training maybe they could be negotiating even better outcomes for your business or department.
We offer a highly engaging either one or two day negotiation course which we deliver in-house. The course is jam-packed full of negotiation tips and techniques that participants can begin to apply immediately back in the workplace.
Negotiation & Influencing Skills training 0430 972 578
Our Negotiation Training encourages a collaborative approach to negotiation and the building of relationships. However, the course will also equip participants with both the strategies and the confidence to deal with parties who may adopt a more combative and manipulative negotiating style.
The course shows participants how to gain agreement when:
Negotiating with customers
Influencing project stakeholders
Negotiating with suppliers or
Influencing peers and co-workers
This short negotiation training course will enable your staff to become more confident and more capable in managing the “give and take” of the negotiating process. The course offers plenty of skill practice opportunity, together with individual coaching. So if your organisation is in either Melbourne, Sydney or Canberra – we can deliver it in-house for you. Enquire now – 0430 972 578
An intensive negotiation skills course covering
- The core influencing skills required for effective negotiation
- Recognising different influencing and negotiating styles
- Developing flexibility and adjusting your negotiating approach to different people or circumstances
- Sources of power
- Presenting your proposals with greater impact and persuasion
- Questioning and probing skills to uncover underlying interests from stated positions
- The use and misuse of threats and pressure in negotiation
- Sending and receiving negotiating signals
- Negotiation deadlocks and how to deal with them
- How to avoid common negotiating pitfalls when trading concessions
- How to build a collaborative climate during the negotiation
- Manipulative negotiating tactics to watch out for
An experienced course presenter
The course facilitator can be just as important as the course content. Brian Carroll, brings more than twenty years of business experience in delivering Influencing and Negotiating Skills training to a wide variety of both public and private sector organisations. You don’t want the facilitator approaching this as an academic or theoretical exercise – you do want a presenter who brings a strong depth of commercial and business acumen
Although based in Melbourne, we have delivered negotiation training for companies in Sydney, Canberra and also Brisbane.
What does it cost?
As a guide to cost, if you have a group of up to ten staff and are based in Melbourne or Canberra, the cost of a one day in-house course is around $3,400 + gst – inclusive of all participant notes
Contact Brian to discuss the Negotiation Training needs of your organisation – ph (03) 9725 3777 or 0430 972 578